WIth the recent heatwave set to continue it's safe to say we have all been struggling to get a decent night's sleep. We've put together a list of tips you can try to increase your chances of getting a full night's sleep.
- Clean and fill an empty perfume bottle with cold water to keep by your bedside, spray on your face, back of your neck and back of your knees to help you to cool down during a warm night.
- Keep your room cool; ideally between 16 and 18 degrees, by placing a bowl of ice in front of a fan to help cool the air.
- Keep your curtains closed during the day to help reduce heat build-up.
- Eat spicy food at least three hours before bed, it can make you sweat which cools the body down.
- Turn off all unneeded plug sockets and devices as they give out a surprising amount of heat.
- Exercise in the morning rather than at night to stop your body getting too hot,
- If worst comes to worst try sleeping on the floor, or even head downstairs. Heat rises so try to get as low as possible to take advantage of the cooler air.
Hopefully these tips will help you get some sleep during the hot weather - who'd have thought we would be complaining about the sun in Barrow!